Here at the Twin Home Experts, we get calls in our dispatch center where a person feels ill and are determining or considering the cause to be symptoms of mold exposure.
Mold can and does cause serious health problems in many people,we have seen many cases over the years here in Los Angeles while performing mold inspections,testing & mitigation work.
We have seen our customers that have been exposed to mold get:
Although you may think that the skin can only become inflamed by direct contact with the mold this isn’t always the case. You can develop redness in your skin simply from inhaling the off gases from the mold especially if it’s a mold like Stachybotrys or aspergillosis.
Mold can cause both redness and watering of the eyes. During the spring months, many people associate this with seasonal allergies when in actuality the cause is the mold within their home or office, we’ve seen it in the HVAC system quite often as well.
Mold can be dangerous.
Breathing in mold can cause headaches in some people. This is especially true of people who suffer with migraines. They are very sensitive to certain stimulants and mold can be one of them.
Feeling tired for several days in a row, even when you are getting adequate sleep can be a symptom of mold exposure.
Experiencing a raw feeling when swallowing, or hoarseness when speaking, are both indicative of mold exposure. Spores can become lodged in the throat and irritate the sensitive membranes.
Shortness of breath: Breathing in mold spores can cause respiratory difficulties in some people. This is especially prevalent in those with allergies.They may even develop asthma or may have asthma and not realize that their asthma attacks are being trigged by the mold in their homes other signs are chest wheezing.
If you are constantly reaching for a tissue to catch your runny nose this can also be a strong symptom of mold exposure.
This can be triggered either by an allergy to the mold spores or the membranes of the nose become irritated by the spores.In either case, you may again misdiagnose yourself as having a head cold or seasonal allergies, but if the runny nose persists, consider that the source may indeed be black mold.
Although this symptom is rare, it does occur. Some people are more sensitive to certain allergens and those offending irritants cause severe reactions.
One of these reactions can be damage to the membranes of the nose resulting in regular bleeding. If this is happening to you, it can be caused by mold within your home.
If you realize that you suffer from several or all of these symptoms on a regular basis, here at the Twin Home Experts we advise that you immediately inspect your home for mold and if you do not see any visible then hire A professional to perform a quick air test especially after tracking how your symptoms occur.
(Here in Los Angeles you can expect to pay anywhere from $250 to $450.00 )
The same can be said if you travel and find yourself in better health then. Your home or where you work shouldn’t make you sick, so finding and treating is imperative.
We just completed an actress home where when she left out of town to shoot a movie,she felt great, when she would return she fell right back in that slump. When we arrived. We pin-pointed it under her large refrigerator,once we treated, her symptoms were gone.
24/7 Emergency Service
We Serve Residential And Commercial Sites
40+ years of Combined Experience
Experts in our field
Professional, Certified Staff
Same Day Service