The next step is calling a plumber who specializes in gas leak detection, they will have the proper instruments in detecting the gas leak with gas sniffing devices, as well as gas leak tracing solutions.
Having the gas company out, is also a great first step, they can assist sometimes with their equipment as to the location of leaks, they can isolate which system is leaking either the outside or inside for free.Once they make that determination, they will immediately shut the gas off and place a lock on the system until repaired by your local plumber.
Your plumber after locating the leak will make the repairs at which time, the Gas Co. Should be called out, in fact it’s the law, you or the plumber cannot turn the gas back on if its locked by the Gas Co.
Signs of an Indoor Gas Leak
- An odor that smells like rotten eggs
- Unusual noises coming from your gas appliances
- Insufficient gas to water heater & stove
- Gas bill on the rise
Signs of an Outdoor Gas Leak
- Dirt or vegetation has a grayish color to it.
- Persistent bubbling from outside wet areas
- Outside BBQ or pool heater making unusual noises.
- Gas odor coming from planter beds or concrete areas.
Well, we hope this gave you some good direction on finding your possible gas leak. Please watch our ” How to video” above on how to shut your gas meter off. As always, thank you for reading our blog today!